Comprehensive Learning Resource Covering All Aspects of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
This textbook marks the second edition of the highly successful Atlas of Operative Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The first edition quicky became a staple with surgeons on rounds, in training programs and in preparation for board examinations. This atlas is comprised of concise text and detailed vignettes focusing on surgical indications, contraindications, pertinent anatomy, virtual surgical planning, operative techniques, postoperative management, complications and key points with over 2,000 high-quality images.
The Atlas of Operative Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery serves as an innovative, multidisciplinary, surgical atlas covering core aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery, head and neck reconstructive surgery, and facial cosmetic surgery. Chapters are written by experts in their fields and are designed to provide high-yield information utilizing a case report format.
New to this second edition:
- Contemporary coverage of dental implants, including digital implant planning, grafting techniques, implant supported restorations of the edentulous arch, immediate implant placement and provisionalization.
- Management of facial infections including odontogenic head and neck infections, osteomyelitis and medication related osteonecrosis of the jaws (MRONJ).
- Recent advances in facial trauma surgery, orthognathic surgery and facial reconstructive surgery utilizing virtual surgical planning, custom plate fabrication and the latest surgical techniques with case reports.
- Expansion of the orthognathic and craniofacial section to include new case reports and chapters on orthognathic surgery in cleft patients, cranial vault surgery and the evaluation and planning of concomitant TMJ and orthognathic surgeries.
- Advances in the field of facial cosmetic surgery including cryolipolysis, fat transfer, soft tissue fillers and the latest technique updates.
- Elaboration of the facial ablative and reconstructive surgery sections to include virtual surgical planning, custom plate fabrication, osteotomy cuts guides and the latest hard and soft tissue harvest techniques.
|Author(s): Christopher J. Haggerty - Robert M. Laughlin|
English | 2023 | e-ISBN: 9781119683834 | 976 pages | PDF | 190 MB